Prep for Industry Certifications
Through career-focused, online software development courses, you’ll be given the tools to prepare for certifications from industry leaders, including:
- C++ Institute - C++ Certified Associate Programmer (CPA): C++ Certification
- Oracle - Database Foundations, 1Z0-006: Oracle Database Foundations
- Microsoft-MTA - Exam 98-375: HTML5 Application Development Fundamentals
- Microsoft-MTA - Exam 98-361: Software Development Fundamentals
Plus, Rasmussen University will reimburse you for up to three exam application fees.2
Online Software Development Courses
Flexible and affordable, online courses are designed to give you more control and balance over your busy schedule. Learn through live interactive sessions with faculty and peers, real-world projects and virtual labs. You'll receive continued support from admissions advisors, experienced faculty, library and learning resources, experienced tutors, 24/7 tech support, personal student advisors and career services.
Rasmussen University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Save time and money on your Associate's degree with self-directed assessments. These $99 online, interactive assessments allow you to show that you already achieved the skills and knowledge for a particular course and don't need to take it. We'll provide prep materials and you can work with a peer tutor to prepare at no additional cost. Learn more about self-directed assessments and other Knowledge Credit™ options.
Software Application Development
Online Associate's Degree
In as few as 18 months, you can get closer to pursuing an in-demand software career by earning an online Associate’s degree in Software Application Development.1 You’ll use multiple languages, databases and software development tools, such as C++, C#, HTML5, Java® and SQL—and gain skills in requirements analysis, software design, development and testing, and database programming.
Software Application Development
Finish in as few as
- Campus Support and Resources
Students looking to acquire new or additional programming skills and pursue a career in software applications or web development. Students interested in starting their portfolio in software and advancing toward a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Data Analytics.
Prepares you for
Computer systems analyst, programmer analyst, applications developer, software developer, web developer, web programmer
Not Sure This Degree Is Right for You?
Software Developers, Quality Assurance Analysts, and Testers
“Rasmussen prepares students to have the foundational skills and hands-on experience needed to begin a career in technology when they graduate.”
Dr. Joel Christensen
Rasmussen School of Technology Faculty
- Completion time is dependent on transfer credits accepted and the number of courses completed each term.
- Rasmussen University will reimburse you any out-of-pocket costs of the application fee for each first attempt of up to three designated industry certification exams for which you qualify. Should you need to take an exam more than once to receive a passing grade score, you will be responsible for all subsequent exam application fees. Rasmussen University will provide practice exams and materials when available.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Employment Statistics, [salary data accessed July 7, 2021] www.bls.gov/oes/. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, [career information accessed July 7, 2021] www.bls.gov/ooh/. BLS salary data represents national, averaged earnings for the occupations listed and includes workers at all levels of education and experience. This data does not represent starting salaries. Employment conditions in your area may vary.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Current Population Study. Unemployment rates and earnings by educational attainment, 2019. Accessed by July 15, 2020. Data is for persons age 25 and older who are full-time wage and salary earners. https://www.bls.gov/emp/chart-unemployment-earnings-education.htm