Earn your Network Systems Administration Associate’s degree and become part of an in-demand field. The growing digital economy means more computer networks, which are critical parts of nearly every organization. Businesses and the technology they utilize continue to change, which is why our online Network Systems Administration degree program helps provide the technical knowledge that is currently in demand. You can graduate in as few as 18 months with the skills and network administrator training to start building a career in technology.1 This online Associate’s degree is available with $149 self-directed assessments, which allow you to prove that you already have the knowledge for a particular course and don't need to take it.
When you’re ready to advance your education and expertise even further, you can transfer your online Associate’s degree credits into our online Cyber Security Bachelor's degree program.
Take me to:
Prepare for Network Systems Administration Industry Certifications
Our network administrator courses help you prepare for testing prior to sitting for industry certifications, such as the Cisco® CCNA, CompTIA® A+ (parts 1 and 2), CompTIA Linux+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+ and Microsoft® Windows 10 MD-100 exams.28910
Advance Your Education
Rasmussen University’s ladder curriculum allows you to easily transfer your online Network Systems Administration Associate’s degree credits toward an online Pre-Bachelor’s Cyber Security Certificate. From there, you’ll be prepared for your Bachelor’s degree.
Pursue Potential Job Growth
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the projected job growth potential by year 2030 for Network and Computer Systems Administrators is 5%.3 A Network Systems Administration degree from Rasmussen University can help set you up for success in this growing field.
Hardware and Software Installation
Install network hardware and software, as well as make upgrades and repairs to an organization’s network and computer system.
Interpret and troubleshoot issues when a user or automated monitoring system alerts of an issue.
Gain insights and skills related to network security to be able to identify network risks and ensure systems continue to run smoothly.
Provide Quality Support
Train users in the proper use of hardware and software. Provide network maintenance and make sure employees' workstations work efficiently and stay connected to the central computer network.
- CTS 2321
- 3 Credits
- CIS 2647C
- 4 Credits
- CDA 2725C
- 3 Credits
Introduces the Linux operating system. Students learn to install, configure, maintain, administer and use programming features of the Linux operating system. Teaches how to download and install source applications from the internet, run Windows emulation and apply Linux at the enterprise network system.
Windows Directory Services
Provides in-depth coverage of the skills necessary to install, configure and administer Network Directory services in a virtual environment. This course utilizes a combination of lectures, demonstrations, discussions, online assignments and hands-on labs.
Systems Analysis and Design
Covers analysis and design of information systems, including networks, server environments and business solutions. Explores different projects that have complex systems and asks students to create analysis and design documents and diagrams.
25 Courses to Complete
90 Credit Hours
Estimate Your Tuition
Rasmussen University is committed to making education more affordable for all students. Our tuition estimating tool can help you visualize the cost of your degree and see what savings opportunities are available to help you achieve it.
Entrance requirements at the Rasmussen University School of Technology vary depending on the program. We do not require enrolling students to submit standardized test scores; however, every entrant must have at least a high school diploma or the equivalent.
We believe in giving credit where it’s due. You can get an estimate of your transfer credits without an official transcript in one business day (on average). Talk to an admissions advisor today, or explore our Transfer Policy page for our seamless credit policies designed to maximize credits, potentially save money and expedite graduation.
Help Paying for College
Higher education should be a manageable investment. Talk to an admissions advisor and learn how these programs can make it more affordable with self-directed assessments, credit for prior learning, loans and grants, scholarship opportunities, and corporate and military discounts for those who qualify.
- Completion time is dependent on transfer credits accepted and the number of courses completed each term.
- Rasmussen University will reimburse you any out-of-pocket costs of the application fee for each first attempt of up to three designated industry certification exams for which you qualify. Should you need to take an exam more than once to receive a passing grade score, you will be responsible for all subsequent exam application fees. Rasmussen University will provide practice exams and materials when available.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, [career information accessed October 6, 2021] www.bls.gov/ooh/. "Projected growth" represents the estimated change in total employment over the projections period (2020-2030). "Projected job openings" represent openings due to growth and replacement. Employment conditions in your area may vary.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers is a trademark of PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP.
- Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle® Corporation.
- Microsoft is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
- Cisco is a registered trademark of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries.
- CompTIA, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Linux+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, and CompTIA Server+ are registered trademarks of the Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA).
- Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.