The online Pharmacy Technician program at Rasmussen University is recognized by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board® (ptcb.org), a credentialing organization accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA).3
Online Courses Go Where You Go
Flexible and affordable, online courses are designed to give you more control and balance over your busy schedule. Learn through live interactive sessions with faculty and peers, real-world projects and virtual labs. You'll receive continued support from admissions advisors, experienced faculty, library and learning resources, experienced tutors, 24/7 tech support, personal student advisors and career services.
Preparation for Industry Certification Exams
Upon graduation of your Pharmacy Technician classes, you will be prepared and can apply to take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination® (PTCE®) or the Exam for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ExCPT), both highly valued by employers and included in your total program costs.4
Rasmussen University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Seamless Credit Transfers
When it’s time to advance your career even further, you can seamlessly transfer your Pharmacy Technician program credits to earn a Healthcare Associate's degree, or Health Sciences Associate’s degree if you live in Illinois, with a Pharmacy Technician specialization.
Online Pharmacy Technician Program
Earn your Pharmacy Technician Certificate in as few as 9 months and be on your way to becoming a crucial player in a growing healthcare field. 1The instructors within the Pharmacy Tech program deliver a skills-based curriculum, and our virtual or workplace practicum allows you to rehearse real-life scenarios that give you career confidence on day one.2 Through career-focused curriculum and convenient, online Pharmacy Technician classes, you'll be learning a variety of essential skills, from the composition of commonly prescribed medications and typical drugs used for many common diseases to how to receive, interpret and fill prescriptions.
Finish in as few as
- Campus Support and Resources
- Field Experience
Students with attention to detail and a focus in ethics looking to enter the healthcare field and pursue a successful, fulfilling career as a pharmacy technician with foundational knowledge about the field.
Prepares you for
Not Sure This Degree Is Right for You?
7 Benefits of Becoming a Pharmacy Technician
Careers in healthcare are notorious for having a lot of upside, and becoming a pharmacy technician is no different. We identified seven of the main benefits so you can be confident that a Pharmacy Technician Certificate is right for you.Read more
- Completion time is dependent on transfer credits accepted and the number of courses completed each term.
- The state of Minnesota requires a residential practicum.
- Graduates of this program meet the educational requirements needed to apply for a Pharmacy Technician license or registration from the board of pharmacy or equivalent agency in the following states: AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, VT, VA, WI and WY. Other eligibility requirements may apply. Please check with the board of pharmacy or equivalent agency in your state of residence. This program may not meet the educational requirements needed to apply for a Pharmacy Technician license or registration in states not listed above. Please check with the board of pharmacy or equivalent agency in your state of residence for further information.
- Rasmussen University will reimburse the application fee for each qualified student’s first attempt of one of the following industry certification exams: Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination® (PTCE®) or Exam for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ExCPT). Should you need to take an exam more than once to receive a passing grade score, you will be responsible for all subsequent exam application fees.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Employment Statistics, [salary data accessed October 6, 2021] www.bls.gov/oes/. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, [career information accessed October 6, 2021] www.bls.gov/ooh/. BLS salary data represents national, averaged earnings for the occupations listed and includes workers at all levels of education and experience. This data does not represent starting salaries. Employment conditions in your area may vary.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Current Population Study. Unemployment rates and earnings by educational attainment, 2020. Accessed on November 8, 2021. Data is for persons age 25 and older who are full-time wage and salary earners. https://www.bls.gov/emp/chart-unemployment-earnings-education.htm