Develop highly valued leadership and critical-thinking skills with an online Healthcare Administration degree for under $10,000.6 Through innovative online MHA curriculum, you’ll gain the practical experiences needed for effective decision-making and be able to implement best practices for outstanding healthcare delivery. This will benefit you as you prepare to take on more challenging and strategic roles, such as a hospital administrator, clinical director, health services manager or practice manager.4This Master's in Healthcare Administration is available with online Empowered Learning™ courses, which allow you to learn by doing, manage your pace and stay connected with faculty and peers.
Take me to:
Help Advance Your Career in Healthcare
Upon graduation of the MHA program, you will be able to utilize the highly valued leadership and critical-thinking skills employers seek and advance your career in healthcare.
Become a Leader in Your Organization
Equipped with advanced skills and knowledge of the business of healthcare, you will be able to expand your impact as a healthcare leader and implement best practices for outstanding healthcare delivery.
Pursue Potential Job Growth
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the projected job growth potential between 2020 and 2030 for Medical and Health Services Managers is 33%.3 An MHA degree from Rasmussen University can help set you up for success in this growing field.
Healthcare Leadership and Critical Thinking
Develop change management, teamwork, negotiation and motivational skills for increased ability to successfully navigate challenges in fast-paced, demanding workplaces.
Leveraging Healthcare Technologies
Keep pace with the constantly changing influences on healthcare delivery across patient experience, quality management and process improvement.
Strategic Planning and Decision-Making
Leverage data and technology to design and implement strategic plans for organization change in alignment with the large market forces and trends driving services, quality of patient care and costs.
Critically evaluate healthcare data from multiple sources to determine patterns of actionable information for disease management. Learn to plan for high-demand services on population health and the patient experience.
- HSA 5200
- 4 Credits
- HSA 6000
- 4 Credits
- HSA 6200
- 4 Credits
Healthcare Policy, Ethics and Laws
Presents a comprehensive view of ethics and laws as they pertain to the development of health policy. Examines the fundamentals of the various principles of healthcare law and the manner in which those principles intersect with ethics and health policy. Offers students an opportunity to evaluate critical factors that influence policy decisions and reform efforts.
Healthcare Information Systems and Technology
Studies how health information technologies, systems and applications assist healthcare organizations and their leaders in the execution of clinical and organizational strategies. Examines how these complex information systems and analytics help decision-makers to improve patient care outcomes and business performance.
Healthcare Quality Management
Provides a foundation in the history of quality management and the continuing effects quality plays in healthcare administration. Develops the ability to critically evaluate diverse healthcare populations using quality improvement models and strategies.
12 Courses to Complete
48 Credit Hours
Estimate Your Tuition
Rasmussen University is committed to making education more affordable for all students. Our tuition estimating tool can help you visualize the cost of your degree and see what savings opportunities are available to help you achieve it.
Entrance Requirements MHA
To be considered for admission, students must hold a conferred Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution as recognized by the Department of Education with a 2.75 cumulative GPA or higher on a 4.0 scale. Applicants with a GPA of 2.5 (no rounding) to 2.74 may request an exception to the minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA requirement through submission of a personal statement in the form of a written essay.
We believe in giving credit where it’s due. You can get an estimate of your transfer credits without an official transcript in one business day (on average). Talk to an admissions advisor today, or explore our Transfer Policy page for our seamless credit policies designed to maximize credits, potentially save money and expedite graduation.
Help Paying for College
Higher education should be a manageable investment. Talk to an admissions advisor and learn how these programs can make it more affordable with self-directed assessments, credit for prior learning, loans and grants, scholarship opportunities, and corporate and military discounts for those who qualify.
- Completion time is dependent on transfer credits accepted and the number of courses completed each term.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Employment Statistics, [salary data accessed October 6, 2021] www.bls.gov/oes/. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, [career information accessed October 6, 2021] www.bls.gov/ooh/. BLS salary data represents national, averaged earnings for the occupations listed and includes workers at all levels of education and experience. This data does not represent starting salaries. Employment conditions in your area may vary.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, [career information accessed October 6, 2021] www.bls.gov/ooh/. "Projected growth" represents the estimated change in total employment over the projections period (2020-2030). "Projected job openings" represent openings due to growth and replacement. Employment conditions in your area may vary.
- Some positions may require additional credentials.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Current Population Study. Unemployment rates and earnings by educational attainment, 2020. Accessed on November 8, 2021. Data is for persons age 25 and older who are full-time wage and salary earners. https://www.bls.gov/emp/chart-unemployment-earnings-education.htm
- Tuition for MBA, MHRM, MHA and MSN programs is $155 per credit ($125 per credit for MPH), excludes MSN Nurse Practitioner specializations. Students in all programs must maintain continuous enrollment to remain eligible for the tuition pricing of $155/$125 per credit. A student who withdraws and re-enrolls will be required to pay the tuition price offered at the time of their re-enrollment. Students who receive the tuition price of $155/$125 per credit cannot use any additional discounts, grants and/or scholarships. If a student needs to retake one or more courses in the degree program, the total cost of the program will exceed $10,000. Program cost breakdown: $7,440 in tuition + $2,460 in fees = $9,900 in program cost ($7,000 in tuition + $2,870 in fees = $9,870 in program cost for MPH). Program availability varies by campus and state; please see the Rasmussen University Catalog for details.