Online Graphic Design Programs at Rasmussen University
Rasmussen University's online Graphic Design programs set you up with the necessary tools to excel in your career. The market is always looking for visual thinkers. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the graphic design industry is projected to grow.1 Our online Graphic Design programs can give you the tools you need to launch a career you'll love. With the guidance of work-experienced faculty in our online Graphic Design program, you'll build a portfolio that stands out. Unleash your creativity and watch your future take shape.
Emerging TrendsExplore trends impacting the world of design, such as “thumb-friendly” mobile navigation, Design Thinking, and design for ever-changing platforms and technologies.
Adobe® Creative CloudMaster the latest version of Adobe® Creative Cloud and other industry-standard tools. Design impactful, user-friendly results.
Problem-SolvingConceptualize, design and implement persuasive solutions to complex visual challenges. Put on your inventive hat.
Translate Design Thinking Into ActionLearn the predominant theories of design and interactivity. Bring them to life in branding, user experience and creative critical thinking.
Real-World ProjectsExpand your talent in multi-disciplinary, project-based challenges using advanced techniques in industry-leading software.
Total Associate's Degree Credits Needed to Complete
Total Bachelor's Degree Credits Needed to Complete
Our Graphic Design program lets you reach higher.Rasmussen lets you work towards your Graphic Design Bachelor's degree while completing your Graphic Design Associate’s degree. With our "laddering" approach, you can bolster your resume with our Graphic Design Associate’s degree, then once you are ready, you can transfer those initial credits to complete your Bachelor's degree. It’s both time- and money-saving. And in 2019, Associate’s degree students transferred in an average of 26 credits.2
Bachelor's Degree Details
Associate's Degree Details
A Curriculum Designed by Experience
Our instructors are accomplished design professionals who have received industry awards and accolades for their work. You’ll be exposed to immersive, hands-on scenarios that matter in your Graphic Design college courses. Class smarts, meet life smarts.
Design Skills Meet Life Skills
Employers look for designers with a well-rounded education. Students at all levels will cultivate six employer-valued transferable skills, or soft skills: critical thinking, digital fluency, information literacy, communication, diversity and teamwork, and ethics and professional responsibility. All six are strategically embedded into your coursework; they are integral to the work world.
"I enjoy every part of my assignments and every challenge I face. It’s the feeling I get every time I sit down and start working."
Student, School of Design
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, [career information accessed July 7, 2021] https://www.bls.gov/ooh/arts-and-design/graphic-designers.htm. BLS salary data represents national, averaged earnings for the occupations listed and includes workers at all levels of education and experience. This data does not represent starting salaries. Employment conditions in your area may vary.
- 2019 Rasmussen University Credit Transfer Data, collected December 17, 2019. The average number of transfer credits will vary by student. Tuition savings information displayed here is based on the credit transfer data of incoming students who enrolled in a Rasmussen University program in 2019. Rasmussen University reserves the right to accept or deny credits according to policies outlined in the course catalog. Actual time to completion will be based upon transfer evaluation and eligibility.
- Completion time is dependent on transfer credits accepted and the number of courses completed each term.
- Estimated total program cost for a full-time student with no transfer of credit.
- Adobe®, Adobe® Photoshop® and Adobe® Lightroom® are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe® in the United States and/or other countries.
- Rasmussen University reserves the right to accept or deny credits according to policies outlined in the course catalog. Actual time to completion will be based upon transfer evaluation and eligibility.
- Savings calculated from students enrolled at Rasmussen University who utilized self-directed assessments, which were offered for no additional charge when taken concurrently with traditional courses from May 2014 to January 2018. When completed, assessments reduced the number of traditional courses students were required to complete as part of their program. From the launch of self-directed assessments in May 2014 through January 2018, 8,297 courses have been completed. Calculation: 8,297 courses x 3.2 credits per course = 26,550 credits. Cost per credit $250 x 26,550 credits = $6,637,500 in savings in the last four years. Since January 2017, we’ve been charging $99 per attempt 10,280 attempts since January 2017 x $99 = $1,017,720 in revenue. $6,637,500 savings - $1,017,720 revenue = $5,619,780 saved.
- 2019 Graphic Design Associate’s and Bachelor’s Degrees Curriculum Design Summit included industry experts with approximately 200 years of design experience, collected November 20, 2019.
MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES is a trademark of Minnesota Timberwolves Basketball Limited Partnership.
AMERICAN MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY is a trademark of American Museum of Natural History
HORMEL is a trademark of Hormel Foods, LLC.